Monday, July 30, 2012

What a week's it's been! I need my p-day today... We taught 21 lessons this week. We've worked harder this week than we have since December, it's been great, but exhausting at the same time. We should be playing Frisbee today, so it should be good. I need that, been working long and hard and I'm exhausted and ready for this break.
 
My new companion's very quiet. He's taught maybe 4 or 5 of those lessons, so I've had to step it up and talk a whole bunch. But it's been good for me, I feel a sense of confidence I haven't for a long time now. I think this is getting me ready to train or go district leader. I've been taking this transfer as one for self improvement. I'm working hard not to complain about anything and do everything I can to improve myself and prepare for leadership.
 
 
Elder Fullmer's a good guy, but he's just quiet. I think that's one reason we get along, he doesn't say much. He talks if talked to, but I'm not a real conversationalist, so we don't say much to each other.but it's alright, we work well together (sorta. he needs to talk more, but it's been working out so far.) and good things are happening in this area.
 
Most of the lessons we've taught have been to active members. We're trying to promote missionary work and help members do missionary work. We've been passing out mormon.org cards for people to hand out to their neighbors and teaching a little bit about faith to fin and all the stuff that we need as missionaries. It's been working, we've had a little success. Within a couple of days people we've challenged and who have accepted have had opportunities to pass out cards. We haven't been able to follow up with very many people yet, but that's our next step, follow up and give them more cards or more directions to take. It's been good getting out there and doing the work. And as we've met with members they've given us a couple referrals to go visit, so the work is picking up and moving forward here.
 
That's our week basically... visiting members, walking out in the heat (out of miles on the car), and doing work. But it's time to play now! Gonna go play some Frisbee soon. Take care everyone!
 
love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment