Monday, July 9, 2012

5 days till my 10 month mark and 10 till my 20th birthday. my how the time flies.
 
So I realized last letter that I left a lot of stuff out about what I did during the week. Good thing I keep a journal (slacked a bit at writing every day, but I usually write the day after and make it sound like the yesterday). We do all these fun things, then when I sit at the computer to write them, my mind goes blank.
 
Been a slower week for our whole district with 4th of July. We had a zone meeting, went home and hung out with the family we live with, and then did some service at our dinner. We did some hydroseed. put this compost mix in a big container of water, spread the seeds in the yard, then turned on the hose and sprayed the compost mix all over the yard. Turned the whole yard green. Was fun though, felt like a fireman spraying the water. supposedly it's supposed to help the grass grow better/faster, not really sure, but it was fun. Afterwards we had dinner (hot dogs and hamburgers) then played some games. There's so many cool people in Nampa.
 
The work could be a little better though. Elder Bell is getting trunky, he's almost done working. He's willing to work, but I have to do everything. He's been in Nampa 6 weeks longer than me, so I've been trying to rely on his knowledge of the area and what they've done in the past, but he doesn't help with that. If I wanna get out and work when we don't have a scheduled appointment, I have to decide where we go, what we do, and all that. A lot of times, I don't do that. I've never been the pushy, leader type guy. I want to get out and do stuff, but if he doesn't care, it's not gonna work. More so lately I've been cracking the whip and saying "alright, we're going" and take charge and do it all, but I don't like doing that at all. It wasn't a very good night the last time I tried that. ugh... Only 2 more weeks of the transfer,and I don't think I'm staying with Bell for another. Hopefully I'll get a good companion who'll work hard, is obedient, and chill. There's a lot of fun in Nampa (cool members), but it needs to be worked. If I got a companion who's cool and a hard worker, It's gonna be a good transfer.
 
I love playing my guitar. I figured out how to read music and play the notes, so I've been playing the hymns and reading the tabs. I want some piano books now! Now that I can read the music for the guitar the possibilities are endless. I'm so excited about it and can't wait to really start digging deep into. That's one of the things on my "want list", music.
 
That's pretty much it (or at least all I can remember). You'll have to wait till I get home and read my journals (if I let you ; ] ) to get the day by day stuff.
 
 
take care!
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment