Monday, July 2, 2012

17 days till my birthday. crazy huh? Gonna be 20. 2 whole decades... 10 months out and 20 years old. time continues to fly.
 
So I don't know if you're considering a birthday present (believe me, I'm perfectly ok if you're not), but if you are, I have some requests. Like usual though, they all might be expensive, but like I said, I could care less if I got anything. Some things I would like are cleats, GPS, and I forget the last one. I'll tell ya if I remember.
 
Been a decent week. We've found quite a few new investigators. Most of them were from formers, people missionaries had been teaching before but for one reason or another stopped, but there is one we found on our own.
 
Her name is Lynda. Her husband is LDS and is in a mental institution in Buhle (close to Twin Falls, so about 100 miles aways or so). She doesn't think he has very long left to live, and she wants to be with him forever, so she asked us to start teaching her. It's been pretty neat, we met for the 1st time on Thursday, then she set up a return appointment for Friday. On Friday she sets up the time for Sunday. She just wants to move quick with this. There are some W.o.W. issues we need to help her get over, and we want to make sure she actually believes it and has a testimony, but she says she wants to be baptized and we're gonna do all we can to get her there. I've never seen someone so anxious and eager to learn. We met with her 3 times last week and each lesson went 2 hours. Meeting with her again on Thursday.
 
I've gotten into rugby. There's an elder from Zimbabwe here, and he taught us all rugby. It's way different than any of the sports I've done before, but after playing it today (we prolly played rugby for 3-4 hours today) I'm starting to get the hang of it and it's been really fun. Of course we have to play 2 hand touch, but it's still fun. Took me about 2-3 weeks to get the hang of it, but it's been fun now that I do.
 
Nampa's been tight, new favorite area. The family we live with is cool (we live in an apartment above the garage), the members are cool (the few that I've met), and it's been awesome. Not at all what I expected from Nampa. I expected more of an older town with the old run-down look to it. Not our area. We don't actually cover too much housing, it's mostly commercial stuff, so I bet we could tract it all out. But it's tight, I love it.
 
Things are going good. I think they're better now than they've ever been before. Starting week 4 of the transfer, and it's just flying by. Really doesn't feel like I've been here that long. But things are good and I'm loving it.
 
well, that's about our week here. Hope everything is going well back home.
 
Love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment