Monday, June 25, 2012

Can't believe June is almost over. Time is just moving too fast. Seems like just yesterday (June 4th) when my eyes were swelling up and transfers were rolling around, and we just started week 3 of the transfer. Time is just moving WAY too fast.


Had a baptism on Saturday. Missionaries have been meeting with Kim Nielsen for a while, and the baptism was Saturday. The service was interesting though, the font filler forgot to fill the font, so the service took 2 hours and was a little on the cold side. She was so ready to get baptized though. She had Elder Bell baptize her, but she asked me to confirm her. It was an awesome experience. I've never seen anyone so ready to come into the fold before. Working on her kids now (she has some kids in their 20's living with her), but I don't think they'll take very long. That whole family is just amazing.


That's pretty much all we've done all week. Looking back, we haven't done much, but we're trying and have made some good contacts lately. Everyone we talked to the week before that said come back this week told us the same thing this week.


Our district is pretty cool. Elder Flake (who was around us in Caldwell the whole 6 months I was there) is my district leader, and he's way tight. So is his comp and I like the zone leaders. Not a big fan of the sisters in our district, but it's not bad, everyone is pretty cool. Elder Bell and I are most def the district clowns. It's so much fun.


Zone Conference is tomorrow. We're getting new phones. They're upgrading us from pieces of junk to pieces of junk with a touch screen. They don't actually seem all that bad, but they're nothing nice either. But it's still an upgrade from what we have now. A previous missionary who was here shot it with an airsoft gun, so the screen is cracked, but it's still usable.


Dang, I really don't know what else. We've not done anything interesting lately. Oh well. I got 45 minutes left on the computer, so if I remember anything I'll just add it.


Hope everything is going well at home. Take care everyone!


Love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment