Monday, June 4, 2012

Allergic to Hay

so today's been a hard day...

I think I'm allergic to hay. On Saturday we threw some hay, and I got all these rashes on my arm. Then this morning we were working in a barn and around hay and my eyes swelled up. Got so bad that I couldn't open my eyes. My eyes were swollen shut. Our ward mission leader took us to the doctor and they gave me a steroid shot in the butt (hurt a little bit) and some medications. I'm doing alright now, I'm able to keep my eyes open, but I have to stay in for a few days and still hurt a little bit. Keep me in your prayers tonight.

This morning our ward mission leader set us up with a non member who braids horse hair. He had to put his horse down and let us take some of it. We got with this guy this morning and braided it into bookmarks. Unfortunately I was swollen at that point and couldn't do mine, WML did that for me, but it's still pretty cool. Got a horse hair bookmark.

We've had a pretty good week. Made some solid contacts and had some good lessons. One of our investigators is going home to Thailand in a week, and I've been teaching her since she started investigating the church (sometime in February) and she gave us a flower that she made out of a paper towel and a nice little note. It was a nice surprise.

Really not much more I can say. My eyes are mostly what I'm trying to deal with right now. They're still swollen and it was pretty funny to see the looks I got in the doctors office. I've been wearing my sunglasses everywhere, even inside, and I wasn't wearing em then. Got some pretty good looks. Be house ridden for a couple days, but I'll be fine.

Take care everyone!

love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment