Monday, August 6, 2012

Been an amazing week. Taught more lessons this these past 2 weeks than I practically did the whole 6 months I was in Caldwell. 21 lessons last week and 19 this week. They've mostly been to active members, but that's what we're supposed to do when we don't have work. We've gotten a few referrals and are working on contacting them, and good things are happening here in this area. People have been asking what's the difference between this transfer and last, and I think it's that we're actually working. Elder Bell was a little trunky and when we didn't have set appointments he didn't really want to do anything. We sat around a lot that transfer. But this past 2 weeks we've not been, we've been working hard and good thing are happening.
 
Got 2 baptism this Saturday. 1 is for an 18 year old girl named Dana. Her boyfriend is in one of our wards, and she was ready to meet with us. I think I talked a little about her before, but this Saturday is her baptism. We're excited for it, she is so ready to be baptized. She had the desire to be baptized after our first lesson, that's never happened to me before. She was almost done with the Book of Mormon (only took her 2 months to read cover to cover) and she believed everything. It's been amazing to teach her.
 
 
Other baptism is a 13 year old kid named Anthony. His dad is a member, but has never really been active. Dad just won custody of Anthony from his mom in Utah where he was meeting with missionaries before, and already had a baptism date for the 11th. We taught him several times a week since it was only 2.5 weeks away, and I think he's ready too. Everything just seems to be lining up for them. The dad got a job (hired by one of the member we brought with us to a lesson), and things seem to be just going right. I'm a little nervous about this one, just wondering if he's gonna stay strong or not, but I think he will. He seems pretty into it right now and has good support from his dad.
 
Elder Fullmer and I are getting along great. He ranks in my top tiers of favorite companions. We work hard, have fun, and it's been good. Heard weird things about him, but he's not bad, I like him. I can see me staying one more transfer with him.
That's pretty much all we've been doing, working hard and playing hard. Nothing more to it really. Things are good.
 
Take care y'all
Love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment