Monday, August 27, 2012

Last p-day of the transfer... crazy how fast it's flown by. It's been a good one though, it'll def be interesting to see what happens. we find out who leaves and stays on Friday.
 
It's been a weird week. I couldn't tell ya why, but it felt weird. We did the same we've been doing for the past 5 weeks (18 lessons), but it felt off. We didn't really do anything different, so I dunno what's up.
 
Not much has changed from last week, still mostly doing member visits raising missionary awareness. One of our investigators is looking at getting baptized here pretty quick, so pretty soon we're gonna be down to 0 investigators who are really progressing towards baptism. We have about 8 investigators, but only 1 of them is really coming along. Pretty much none of them come to church, so that's what we're gonna focus on this month (today starts the month of September for reporting purposes).
 
There's been a part member family we're kinda starting to work with. We haven't had a discussion or even invited them to, but we've been going over there helping them milk their cow and just hanging out building that relationship. they're pretty tight. Amity (the mom) is making me a glitter tie (went and bought a tie from DI and she's gonna glitter it up for me, should be pretty sweet). Dwight (the dad) said he'd take me horseback riding in the mountains when I get off the mission as well. We've been working with their neighbor (an active member) to invite them to start investigating and having the discussions with us. I've got a pretty good relationship with Dwight and Amity, so hopefully we can start teaching here pretty soon. Bailing (or however it's spelled... baling?) hay with them tomorrow morning, so that should be fun.
 
Almost got in a wreck on Friday. We were in a roundabout coming home from district meeting, and a car pulled in right in front of me. Had to almost slam the brakes and turn to the side to avoid getting hit. I dunno if they didn't see me or just didn't care, but it was a pretty scary experience.
 
Dana, the girl we baptized about 2 weeks ago, went to the temple with the ward and did baptism for the dead. She's coming along great. She's been my strongest convert baptism (out of the 4 I have = P ) and it's truly amazing to see the change the gospel makes in the lives of people. Her family is getting better, but still nowhere near being supportive from what I've been hearing. But she's staying strong and it's been great to see.
 
That's about all I got for ya, life's still pretty boring as far as stories go. Working to stay busy and productive. Workin hard, playin hard... Life's pretty good right now. Just anxiously awaiting transfer calls. I think Elder Fullmer and I are staying together, but it's always unpredictable. We'll find out on Friday...
 
love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment