Monday, October 31, 2011

Not Much Happened This Week

Hey guys, how's it going? 
 
It's Halloween!!! Our p-day just changed to Monday, and it's a non-pros day (no missionary work), so we literally have all of today off. We went to Meridian to play football, then to a corn maze, and I think there's a BBQ and glow-in-the-dark dodge ball after. Overall, a pretty good (but VERY tiring) day. It's nice to just sit here and email.
 
Not much has happened this week. I think the only thing worth mentioning is that we had 1 day where we taught 5 lessons (our average is 1-3)!! It was an exciting day.
 
Elder Bowen of the 1st quorum of the 70 also came and spoke with us. It was an amazing talk. He talked about the Abrahamic covenant, the house of Israel, and the oath and covenant of the priesthood. It was pretty remarkable to see how he laid some of it out. I guess I never really understood/realized some of what he said before. It was definately something I needed to hear.
 
I'm beginning to feel that discouragement of losing an investigator. Something happened with one of ours (not quite sure what), but it really hurt his relation with the church. He's still cool with us coming, but we're not sure how he feels now. We need to go visit him and see what's up.
 
Other than that, not really much happened. I know it's not much, sorry for that, but it's been a pretty standard week overall. Still having trouble sleeping. I don't have an off switch, and my brain runs 100 miles a minute at night.
 
I do like my companion. I've learned a lot from him. He's an awesome missionary, and I'm glad he's my trainer. Mountain Home is awesome, the people are amazing, and the work is starting to pick up. It'll be exciting to see what happens in the coming weeks.
 
Again, sorry it's not much. I'll try to work on that next week.
 
Love,
 
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment