Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Keeping Busy and Counting Doors

Hey guys, 
 
Gonna be a short letter. We literally could be picked up any second and not gonna have time to email later, so sorry it's short.
 
Couple things happened this week that are worth mentioning.
     1. We went to a referral's house. He's a single dad, nonmember, and the Bishop helped pay his rent and challenged him to take the discussions. We went to his house and when we knocked the girls were outside and said "get Dad, the Mormon church is here". It wasn't much, but it was so cute and funny it just made me laugh and smile.
     2. got called sexy later that night ; ] . We went to a less active's house and they were having a birthday party across the street and they invited us over. But it was def not a Mormon party. People there had a beer in one hand, a cigarette in the other. The girl who told us that had a little too much to drink I think. But it was still funny. Not often do you hear that as a missionary I think.
     3. played soccer today for p-day. It was a blast. Soccer is def more my sport than basketball is. I played goalie and everyone says I did a good job. I always think I could do better (I've always been harder on myself than I think I deserve, but that's just how I am), but it was fun. I blocked a lot of goals and it was just fun.
 
Before I forget, Alex, tell Bro Manwaring that I was in the same classroom in the MTC his son was. They have the folding desk chairs, and a lot of missionaries signed the bottom of the desk and one of the desks had his son on it. Just let him know. I think he'll like that.
 
As far as the conversation about the sheets go, no, I don't remember. I didn't know the difference between a flat and fitted sheet before my mission. Doesn't matter though, I'm making do.
 
Let's see... what else... oh, I've started counting doors knocked and houses invited in. Just something I thought would be interesting to look back on some day. Only been counting 2 days, but in those 2 days we've knocked 23 doors and of those 23 we were invited in 8 times (that's counting members, investigators, and basically any door we knock/get invited into). I thought you might like to see these numbers too.
 
Dad, I am getting your emails. I don't really have time to reply to them, but I am getting them and love hearing how everything is going back home. Which reminds me, I want to hear from Alex more!! Make her write me a letter!!
 
Hard to believe I've been out about 6 weeks now. It's crazy how fast time is flying. I'm starting to get into that "missionary mode" people talk about. I don't feel right if I'm not out in a shirt and tie with my name tag and my backpack on. Hugs are starting to feel weird too. I've had 2 kids give me hugs out of the blue, and it does feel a little weird.
 
We've been keeping so busy lately. I need to do better about waking up (sleeping in till 7-7:30 these past few days) though. I have plans, it's just a matter of sticking to them now. Missionary work is tiring... especially Sundays. On Sunday our day starts at 7 a.m. and ends at 9 p.m. We usually go to sacrament at 9, gospel principles at 10 but leave early to make it to another ward's sacrament at 11, gospel principles at 12 but we have to leave that one early too for another ward's sacrament at 1. We are literally at church from 7-2:30(ish).
 
Our morning schedule is pretty nice though. We start personal study at 8-9, companion study at 9-11, lunch at 11-12, so we're usually out around 12-1. Depends on the day too. There's some paperwork and weekly planning we have to do throughout the week, so 2 days we get out later than that, but it's a busy schedule either way. We get in at 9 then have daily planning for the next day which can go anywhere from15-50 minutes depending on how it goes. Then I write in my journal and shower (I shower at night. It supposedly helps you fall asleep, something I've been struggling with).
 
Well, I need to go now. Need to write president. Hope everything is going well at home. Keep sending letters!! (and let people know that it might take me a while to get back to them if they do write.  We're really busy.)
 
Love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment