Monday, April 22, 2013

4-15-13
 
Yesterday as my 19 month mark. I don't even know what to say about it anymore, it just keeps rolling on.
 
Been another interesting week. Went on exchanges again, but I went to Weiser this time. We had a good time up here. In the 3 days I've been here we found a new person to teach, passed out 5 Book of Mormons, and committed someone to baptism (scheduled it for May 4th). It's been a good 3 days up here. Nice to get away from how things have been in Payette and have a change of pace. I'm happy to get back, there's something about the area your serving in, kind of a "my area" feel, but it's good to shake things up every so often.
 
4-22-13
 
Didn't get the above email out last week, spent the whole time emailing individuals I didn't get the general letter out. Here's the update with me.
 
Tore my PCL. Got a MRI last Tuesday and had the results today. The good news is that this is the least needed ligament in your knee. Said that it was only partially torn, and that through proper care and strengthening, I'll be back to normal in probably 4-6 weeks. Said there's college football players who have completely torn their PCL, so it's not that big a deal as long as I don't re injure it again. So the good news, I'm gonna be ok! It's been steadily getting better over the weeks, so I'll be fine.
 
Transfers are in 2 weeks, and I'm ready for them. Pretty sure I'm due for a transfer, and I kinda hope so. Mostly cuz of my companion (like usual). I love Elder Witbeck, he's an awesome guy, but over the past few weeks something's changed. I don't know if it's me, or him, or what, but things have changed. We've had a few heated arguments (over stupid things), he seems down and moody a lot more, and it's getting hard to deal with. I've tried to find out what's wrong and how I can help, but he just keeps using the line "no one understands my logic" or "you're not listening to me. If you were listening to me you'd think the way I do". Then when I try to understand his reasoning and figure out what it is he wants me to do he can't give me a straight answer. It really drives me crazy. I tried to tell him that we need to figure something out, cuz it's starting to get to me, but then he just says that I need to not let people get to me (which is funny, cuz he's always saying how he hates everyone and wishes they would just shape up. He's letting people get to him then telling me not to). but as a companion, and someone I spend 24/7 with, he affects me more than he realizes. It's amazing how much a companion and his attitude affects me. It's getting harder to deal with. It's been a good learning experience though. I'm learning how to deal with people and try to solve problems without getting angry (still working on that one). 2 weeks until transfers, I can do this.
 
Also decided I'm coming home early. President officially changed my release date to August 15. It was a hard decision, but I feel confident about it. (His original release date was Sept 15th, but classes start Aug 19th.  He'll come home and start right up with classes.)
 
Teaching's kinda going slow right now. We have about 20 names we're working with, but about half of them are single sisters who we don't have set appointments with. We can't really drop by and teach them. We can set up a return visit (which we do), but then when we go with a brother from the ward they cancel. That's how it's been for the past few weeks. It's really frustrating. We have all this potential, but it keeps cancelling. But I think we've taken steps to try to combat that. I don't think it'll be while I'm here, but I think this are will soon explode. It's really neat to see what's happened here. We went from having about 6 people we working with to about 20. 4 months of hard work has paid off. It's nice to step back and see some results. I always feel like I'm not doing enough or that there's more i could be doing, but then I step back and see what it is I have already done, it's interesting.
 
Well, that's pretty much it. Hurting my knee, getting canceled on, it's fun.
Take care everyone!
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment