Monday, April 8, 2013

Been another week. What do I say about this week? It's been fun, I'll say that.
Went on exchanges with Elder Downey. Actually, the exchange lasted about 3 days. He's a pretty good friend of mine, and we just stuck together for longer. Usually it's just a 24 deal, but we made it longer. He's made me into a pyro too. He's the 1 who showed me how to set my hand on fire, and we spent most of our nights together playing with fire. I wish I could send videos, but the emails wont let me. I juggled fireballs. We took some alcohol and doused tennis balls in it then lit em up and juggled them! It was a little harder in the dark, wish we would have turned on our stove light, but it still looks pretty cool. Then we figured out what else we could do. Took one of those tennis balls, lit it on fire, then threw it at Elder Downey and lit him on fire. We put some alcohol on an old shirt, then when the tennis ball hit it lit up. He started flailing around and screaming, and it was hilarious (it didn't hurt, we made sure we knew what we were doing before we actually did it). It made one heck of a video.
Based on what we did, we decided to have a contest to see who could do the best with fire. This week (starting today) we're seeing who can take the best picture with fire. It's gonna be pretty fun. So if you hear about something burning down in Payette, it's probably us.

Been a slower week lesson wise. We had a good week planned, we were looking at 20 lessons. But just like weeks before all of them cancelled (most at the door) and we only taught about 9 or so. But this area's seen a lot of improvement. When I first got here, I didn't know anyone. There was no records kept (and I've not been the best at keeping them up to date either, but working on it), I didn't know if we even had any investigators (we prolly had 3-5 people we were teaching when I got here), and it was a mess. But I've been working to turn things around. I feel bad cuz I feel like I could be doing more, but looking at everything I've done here I've done a lot. I think we're up to like, 14 or so people we're working with. Struggling to meet with them all every week, but there's been a lot of growth in this area. This'll probably be my last transfer here. But I'm glad for the opportunity I had to serve here. It was hard, but there's been a lot gained I think.

6 days till I hit my 19 month mark... I feel so old. There's not many missionaries left that are older than me. But it's an exciting time to be a missionary. There's so many changes happening throughout the world. We've got about 3 months till our mission splits, that'll be exciting. I'm hoping to stay in the Nampa mission, but will go where I'm asked.

So what y'all think of conference? Amazing as usual. I really liked Elder Holland's talk. Usually I'm not a big fan of him (it's a bandwagon thing. Most every missionary idolizes him cuz he's so bold and fired up and all that), but I thought his talk was amazing and something I needed to hear.

Week 3 of the transfer, going by fast.
Take care everyone!

Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment