Monday, January 7, 2013

Got Transferred

So I did get transferred. I went to Payette, a small town on the Idaho/Oregon border. I went from a town of 80,000 to one of 7,000. It's gonna be a pretty big change. I'm excited though. It's bittersweet to leave Nampa though. Especially when the Bishop announced that I was leaving the area and everyone said their goodbyes at church. IT really did feel like home. But I got a new adventure ahead of me, new challenges, new people, new everything.
so before I forget, here's the new address.
 
1106 1/2 2nd ave s
Payette, ID 83661

It's a nice little place. It's pretty much our own house.
 
My comp is Elder Martinez. He's from Peru, but lives in Utah. It's only the 1st day, but I think we'll get along. He was a Spanish elder who went English, so he doesn't speak the best English, but I can understand him pretty well.

Little bit from my last week in Nampa, we had 3 baptisms on Saturday. 1 was a YSA (young single adult) who we've been teaching for a few weeks. We actually moved up her baptism a week, and it was good to see before I took off. 2 were some kids that didn't get baptized at 8, so we had to come teach. They were supposed to get baptized in September, but the step dad wanted to baptize them, but wasn't married and living together yet, so he couldn't till that happened, and then one thing after another just piled up to push it back. It finally happened and was good to see. There's another baptism on the 19th that I'll be able to go back and see, so I got lucky on that 1.
 
I'm nervous about the area though. Elder Shumway was a struggle for me. Had to teach him people skills, and it was hard to deal with at times. One example is that we would go over to members house for dinner and he would belch at the dinner table. That one didn't last long, I got on him pretty quick about that one. But also the Elder who's coming in with him, I'm nervous about him as well. I don't know much about him, but I know he's one I would not want to serve with. Nampa just feels like home, so I don't wanna see it go down the drain.
 
It's been a long time since I've packed my bags. I've accumulated so much stuff... I came to Nampa with 1 1/2 suitcases, I left with 3 bulging suitcases. I probably will send some home (eventually).

Well, I'm out of things to say... 1st day in an area is always interesting. 1st week too for that matter. we'll see what this week brings.

Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment