Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!
 
Transfers are on Monday. I'm pretty sure (or at least kinda hoping) I'll be shipped out, but we'll see what happens. 7 1/2 months is a long time for a missionary to be in an area.
This Saturday should be a good one for us. We've got 3 baptisms planned. 2 are some OAY's, a 10 and 12 year old who we've been teaching since September are finally getting baptized. The step dad wants to baptize them, but couldn't till they got married. they got married a few weeks ago, and the baptism is planned for Saturday. The interview is on Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure they'll pass.
The other is a YSA. She was referred by some other elders, and she took to us right away. We've only been teaching her 2-3 weeks now, but her baptism was set for the 12th, but we moved it up to the 5th so she could go with the ward to a temple trip they're having. I feel she's ready for it, so it was no problem. It's exciting to see all this happen before transfers. I was hoping I'd be able to see these investigators get baptized before I leave, and now I can = ]. There's still one more investigator I would like to see baptized (scheduled for the 19th of January), but hopefully I wont go to far so I can see it happen. He's a 10 year old kid that's pretty fun to teach. I always love going over there.
 
It seems like all we teach is kids right now. It's been pretty fun, I always love working with the kids. Early on in the mission I didn't like teaching kids, they were always hard to teach since they couldn't understand as much, but now I love it. I love being with the families. It's pretty funny, Elder Shumway is the youngest of 2, so he's not as used to all the noise and commotion, but I love it. I fit right in with those families. Sometimes I think I rile the kids up more than calm em down. But it's fun, I love it.
It's been snowing for the past week. It's been scary to drive in. The car just doesn't seems to wanna stop! I was making a right turn, and the car just kept going. I ended up turning a 180, it was pretty scary.
well, take care everyone!
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment