Monday, December 10, 2012

Single Digits Until I Come Home

Friday is my 15 month mark... that far already? That puts me in single digits till I come home (not that I'm counting down or anything).
 
 
I'm ready to leave Nampa. 5 transfers is a long time to stay in an area. We're finding work okay, but it's been a mental struggle for me. There should be a couple baptisms coming up in the next few weeks though, so that'd be good. All this work I've put into this area (well, some of it) should be paying off pretty soon. This has been my favorite area by far; I've learned so much, grown so much, had a lot of work, and have had a lot of fun while I've been here, but I'm ready to leave. It's time for me to go to a new area.
 
 
We had another marriage on Friday. Our investigator's parents got married (mom and step dad) and now they can get baptized (step dad wanted to baptize them, but couldn't until they got married). We're meeting with them later today to set that up and get through the details. Been waiting for this since late September, it's good to finally see it happen.
 
 
I think I'm starting to get more comfortable as a district leader. I gave some training at a zone meeting we had, and I think I did alright on this one. What made it worse was that President and Sister Cannon showed up to this zone meeting. I was already worried about giving the training, this was my 2nd one, and THEN I hear that President is gonna be there... talk about nervous. But I think I did fine. But now I've had some more responsibility added. District leaders now have to inspect the cars in their district. I don't know how to do a lot of the stuff on there. Luckily I know a mechanic who can show me how to do everything I need to.
 
 
So Christmas is coming up, y'all ready to skype? I think we got a place for it, but not 100% sure yet. I don't know what we're doing for Christmas yet. There's one family we're gonna be seeing, but there's a lot more we wanna hit up. You said earlier works better for y'all? I know we'll be calling on Christmas Eve to set it all up, but a tentative time now would be good so we can schedule our day.
 
 
I've been having a bit of trouble lately. Lately it's been getting harder for me to sit still. Church and meetings mostly, but I can't sit still for as long as I used to. My knees start aching, my fingers get fidgety, and it gets hard for me to focus as it drags on. It's not as bad in lessons, but my fingers still start to fidget and usually resort to picking my nails or cracking my knuckles, both of which probably aren't the best things to be doing. I don't know if there's anything I can do to help alleviate any of that, but if y'all have any suggestions that'd be nice.
 
 
Well, I need to go. See y'all pretty soon!
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment