Monday, December 17, 2012

Slow Down Story

Another week come and gone. It's pretty boring here in Idaho, no interesting stories. Well, I guess there is one.
 
So we were driving home one night, going about 25 mph, and some guy with his arm outstretched in the middle of the road. I don't wanna hit him so I stop and roll my window down and he comes up and is like "SLOW DOWN, IT'S A NEIGHBORHOOD. 10 MILES AN HOUR (holding up 8 fingers)". I know he's not all the way there, so I'm just like "ok, I can do that" to which he replies "10 miles an hour, Jesus loves you." I drove off after that (going 10 miles an hour) and he yells "TOO FAST". I just ignore it and keep going and he stops another car coming the opposite direction and does the same thing. There's the funny for the week.
Got to go to the temple last Friday. Been about 14 months since I've last gone, and there was a big difference. There was a feeling and a power there I've not felt for that long. It was good to get back and feel that spirit again. We're able to go about once a month, and we're encouraged to find a family name to do. That'll be exciting.
I don't really know what to say... This is a short letter, but over the next 2 weeks (not gonna email Christmas Eve) there's lots happening, so I'll make up for the short letter. I got a package coming home too, so if it doesn't get there before Christmas, don't open it till the 25th!!!
Love ya,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment