Monday, January 28, 2013

I think we've had a decent week this week. We taught more lessons than we have any other week, it's been kinda nice. I'm still trying to learn who's who in the area, but I think I'm getting it down. I know mostly how to get around, but I still would probably get lost looking around.

We've got some interesting people we're teaching. We were teaching the plan of salvation to someone, and they surprised me. Usually the idea of having a body in the afterlife and all that gets people excited, this guy was like "that's not appealing to me. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe we will have our bodies and I'll be surprised". He has a lot of questions. When we taught about Adam and Eve he asked how it was they couldn't have children in the garden. How are you supposed to answer that? We tried to explain it as best we could, but there's no real proof I guess on that, it's all just speculation, which does no one any good. I want to tell him these things don't matter, but they're concerns he has so I don't feel right in saying that. It's been interesting working with him, he has such a different view of the things of eternity.

I think the area is starting to pick up a bit. We've been working to gain the trust of the leadership, and it'll go uphill from there. It'll take some time to get things rolling again, but I'll probably be here a while to get things going. There's still a lot of improvements that need to be made, both personally and work wise, but things should pick up here in the next few weeks.

I'm excited for this Saturday. We're having some general authorities come and speak to us! We're getting Elder M. Russell Ballard and Elder D. Todd Christofferson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, President Donald L. Hallstrom of the Presidency of the Seventy, Elder Craig A. Cardon of the Seventy and Bishop Gerald Causee, First Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric! It's gunna be pretty sweet, I'm excited for it. We had Elder Ballard speak to us last year, so we get to hear him again. I'm excited for this!


Well, that pretty much sums things up. Things are improving here, but at a slow pace. Hopefully we can get things rolling pretty soon. I've almost got all the tools I need to do it, now i just need to buck up and do it.

Take care everyone!

Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment