Monday, November 26, 2012

Staying in Nampa - Still

Another transfer come and gone... Today is day 1 of the transfer. I'm staying in Nampa for another transfer (transfer #5 here. All in all, 7 1/2 months). They're also making me a district leader! I'll be in charge of 4 sets of missionaries (including us). 3 sets of elders and a set of sisters. It's pretty exciting. I'm ready to leave Nampa, I'm running out of ideas here, but the change is exciting. It's an interesting situation though, our current district leader goes home in 3 weeks, so I'm co-district leader until he goes home. Not quite sure all that entails, but it sounds interesting. I've heard of it before, but never thought it would actually happen.
Thanksgiving was alright. We had 4 dinners, I was so full. The 1st 1 was ok, after the 2nd we were thinking "it's gonna be a long day", the 3rd I was ready to puke, and the 4th was dessert, so it wasn't all that bad. Mostly went to member families who I've become pretty tight with. One tells me that I've been here long enough I'm just part of the family now (they feed us about every 3 weeks). I could see myself moving back to Nampa after the mission.
I found a favorite opponent at chess. Spencer is a less active in the YSA (Young Single Adults) ward (it's pretty funny, he says that each YSA ward needs a resident less active, and he's just willing to fill that spot. I think there's still a spark there though). I don't know how we found out we both play chess, but once we did we almost immediately started playing. It's so much fun to play against him, our games get so intense. I think playing him in chess has been the only board game I've ever played that has left me physically exhausted after playing it. He's yet to beat me (played 4 games so far), but the games are always so much fun.
We're gonna have some baptisms coming up! We've been waiting on some divorce papers to go through so this couple could get married and then baptize the kids (parents have been LA (less active) for a long time but coming back and the kids aren't members. The parents were living together though so he couldn't baptize them till they get married). Another one of our investigators is quitting smoking (said that by today she should be clean) and are scheduled for the 15th. It's taken a lot of patience with this particular family. I've been visiting them for about 3 months now, and have only taught about 3-5 lessons or so I'd say. Things just keep coming up (all medical). We schedule an appointment, and then there's a trip to the E.R. that's come up or a host of other reasons. I feel they're not blowing us off, they're pretty sincere about everything.
Gonna be in Nampa for Christmas. Y'all looking forward to skyping? Should call on Christmas Eve again and set it all up.
Take care everyone!
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment