Monday, November 19, 2012

Slow Week

Been a slow week. I don't even know what made it so slow, we really didn't do anything different.

It's starting to get to the "sick" season, it seems like everyone is getting sick lately. Members, investigators, even my companion. Luckily I haven't been sick yet, and I don't plan on it.

Thanksgiving should be fun. We have about 4 dinners planned so far. There's a lot of cool people here that I wanna chill with that day, it's tough getting all of them in = P. so far we have a meal about every 2 hours starting at about 1. I'm anxious to see how much weight I gain from all these meals.

So pretty much all the baptisms we had planned have fallen through... Two (maybe 3 now) we rescheduled for the 15 of December, they just need to live the word of wisdom and get married then have all the discussions and they'll be there. They're so close. I know they'll do it. As we've been teaching him (no religious background) he's really been opening up and there's been a new light that's come to his eyes. I know they'll get baptized, it's just a matter of when.
 
This week's gonna be a busy one, which is good cuz it's the last week of the transfer. Can you believe that? Another 6 weeks is come and gone. I think I'm gonna stay another transfer. I think I'll finish up training Elder Shumway then head out. It's also predicted that I could go district leader next transfer.

The temple was rededicated yesterday!! The cultural celebration was pretty neat. I wish I could have been in one. I miss the days when I could perform for others. But it was cool to watch. President Monson dedicated the temple. He didn't do anything for us missionaries, but he is so busy. It's gonna be nice having a temple once again. Last time I went was about 13 months ago (I feel old being able to say that = P ), and there's been a real difference. We'll only be able to go once a month, but that's better than not at all.
 
I don't know what else to say about this week... last week of the transfer... exciting times.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
 
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment