Monday, November 12, 2012

Busy Week

Week's felt like a long one. We've been so busy this week, not so much downtime.

On Thursday one of our investigators jumped up his baptism by 2 weeks. His date was November 24th, but he wanted to go to the temple dedication, and so he jumped it up. Got another baptism on Sunday! This one was pretty cool too. I told ya about it a bit last week. This was the kid who wasn't ready to meet with missionaries when I first met him, then some things changed around him and he was on fire. We had finished all the discussions, so we were starting to wonder what to do with him. Then we got a call saying he wanted to move it up, it was perfect.
 
Wednesday was also a cool day. There was a sister who we baptized here back in June, then in July she moved to Kuna. We get a call from the sisters there saying her daughters (who I never really knew, they were at some camp when I got here and when they came back they moved) were getting baptized. And one of them asked me to baptize her! It's been over a year since I've actually done a baptism, it was kinda nice to do one again.
 
Training's been interesting. Elder Shumway's kinda getting on my nerves. We've worked through a lot of issues I've had with him, not teaching/working/missionary issues, but social issues. He's been pretty invasive of my personal space from day 1. We're supposed to be together and all, but I am allowed my personal space. He was always asking questions... as soon as the phone ringed he wanted to know everything about the call: who it was, what they wanted, and what I was gonna tell them all before I even answered the phone. I'll be Writing a letter/in my journal and be thinking about what to say next and he'll be like "trying to think of what to say?" and other questions like that. I put up with it for a while, but then I finally talked it over and got things straightened out... hopefully... He's alright in lessons, talks way more than Elder Fullmer did, and even more than I did at his age, but he doesn't have very good social skills from what I've seen.

Other than that it's just been a normal week. Things are going alright, nothing to complain too much about.
 
Hope Taylor's feeling better!  (For those who don't know - Taylor broke her collar bone in a bike accident.)

Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment