Monday, October 22, 2012

Training's pretty tough, and It's only been a week. He's a good guy, but def green around the ears.
I'm so tired... I think I've worked harder in the past week than I have for a long time now. It feels good, but I'm exhausted at the same time. Last night I wasn't feeling the best, so I went to bed early and I slept right through the alarms. Ended up waking up at like, 8 and getting 10 hours of sleep. Felt pretty good.
Nothing major happened this week. Monday we had a trainers meeting with President Cannon, Tuesday we took the new missionaries through the temple open house then went out tracting, then Wednesday we picked them up at started working. We had splits that night too. 1st day in the field and I threw him out to the world. He wasn't too thrilled about that, but it's good for him. That's what happened to me, and I think I turned out alright.
Had a few good lessons this week. One of our investigators is working to quit drinking, and it was a great lesson. He went to the temple open house and had a great experience there. We talked about some of the things it takes to get back after it's dedicated (the baptism interview questions) and he's on board with most of them. We gave him a blessing to be able to quit drinking, and it was perfect. He talked about how he had fear and anxiety as we started the blessing, but as it progressed he felt peace and at ease. Showed him a couple scriptures about that, and confirmed to him that he was feeling the Holy Ghost. He recognized that, and says he's gonna work harder to get there. Been working with him for almost 5 months now, I think we're making some good headway.
Another good lesson with a less active. He's been listening to the Book of Mormon on CD as he drives to work, but he never prayed. That's been going on for a couple months now. But last week he finally said a prayer, so we focused on prayers this week. Read Enos with him and talked about some of the things I had learned from it. Committed him to pray at least once every day, and he said the prayer again this week, starting it all off. Another lesson with him on Thursday, so we'll follow up then.
We've actually got some pretty good things going on for us. This week we got a lot of referrals, and contacted most of them. We have a few potential investigators, and things are looking pretty good. We have a few investigators who seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth, but working on them too. Ups and downs, that's the way it goes.
Well, that's about our week. I'll be here in Nampa for prolly 3 more months, which is ridiculous since I got here early June... I could leave after only 6 weeks of training, but we'll find out in 5 more weeks. Gonna be spending Thanksgiving here, so that should be fun. Kinda ready to leave Nampa, ready to go explore. I don't like staying in places for 6 months, especially after just having spent 6 months in Caldwell. Oh well. at least I had better companions here.
 
Take care everyone!
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment