Monday, October 15, 2012

Going to be a Trainer

So got some big news. I'm staying in Nampa, and I'm training a greenie!! That'll make 6 months here in Nampa at the end of next transfer (Nov. 26 I believe). And since I'm training there's a chance I could stay another, which will put me here till Christmas. I kinda was hoping to leave, but training is exciting. I'm stoked for it.
 
So I found out why I haven't heard from y'all in a while. Eli, the 6 year old, it's his job to get the mail and bring it in. Of course he doesn't check to see if it's for us or not and just brings it all in. One time I asked him if there was any mail for us and he said "no, but there's lots for us". That night we get a text saying we have five letters... So last week we get a text saying I have a letter. Go and check it out and it was postmarked the 27th of September. Eli brought it in then they kept forgetting to tell me about it.
 
Got to go to the Boise temple open house on Saturday. Brought an investigator, and it was an amazing experience. Especially when we walked into the celestial room. I felt this peace I haven't in a long time. It felt as if everything was right... like I was welcome in His house. I felt good about training and I got some answers to some problems I was having, it was a good experience. We'll be following up with those investigators on Wednesday, but I think it was a good experience.
 
I'm stoked to train a greenie. I don't get a new comp till Wednesday though. Dropped Elder Fullmer off this morning and have just been chilling with some other missionaries for now. There are 8 companionships in our zone, and 6 of them are training and 1 of them are being follow-up trained. I think we are gonna have the youngest zone in the mission. We got a meeting tonight, some meetings tomorrow, then we get our new comps on Wednesday. It's gonna be tough at times I bet, but it's gonna be a lot of fun.
 
Well, gonna be able to email again on Wednesday, so I'll be able to have my comp's info then. Name, home, etc. Until then...
 
 
Take care!
 
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment