Monday, September 24, 2012

Been our slowest week, but it's been fun at least. Had a baptism, Scott got baptized on Saturday, and it was good. Was a long time in coming. Been meeting with missionaries off and on for about a year now, and either this was the right time, we were the right missionaries, or both. Either way, it was good to see. Brings my baptism count up to 5.


Elder Fullmer, Scott, Elder Blomquist
 
That's the highlight of the week, but not much else has happened either. 2 things worth mentioning though.
 
There was a ward talent show on Friday. I love doing skits, so we rounded up some friends (ward mission leader and elders quorum president) and did one, it was fun and the ward loved it. Elder Fullmer was stirring a pot and I walked up and asked what he was doing. "making some beans". "Can I try some?" Eat a spoonful, walk away, then fall down. He freaks out and calls a medic, who comes and does his doctor things, check pulse, CPR, defibrillator, all of which fail. Then has the bright idea "mouth to mouth!" the director then comes out "CUT CUT CUT!! that was awful!!" and other dialogue like that, then tells us to slow it down. So we do it again, but do it in slow motion. Again comes the director "CUT CUT CUT" and tells us too slow and to speed it up. So we do it all super fast. This was the audiences favorite I think cuz I was all over the place. Instead of just falling I jump backwards and make a big scene of it. Then when the defibrillator comes in I just flop on the ground like a dead fish. The crowd got a kick outta that part. But again, the director comes out "CUT CUT CUT". Too fast, time to take a new angle, a musical. This was the least favorite one (until the end), as I'm not very musically inclined like that. But I did do a pretty dramatic fall, and that was funny. But alas, the director "CUT CUT CUT". Time to put it all together!!!! Elder Fullmer moved slow-mo, I was super fast, and ward mission leader (medic) was the musical. Fullmer was slow, so didn't make it very far in his lines, I did mine all fast and threw myself around all over the place, and ward mission leader when the medic came in skipped out "lala la lalala", it was really funny. Got a video of it, so will send home when my flashdrive gets full again.
 
Got my 1st beer too, it was pretty good. We were at an investigators house and he was telling us about his drinking, and I'm like "can we have your beer?" He only had 1 can left (and it was a little flat), but he gave it to me and I took it. It was great, he's starting to come along. He dumped it down the sink 1st, then put it in a bag so it didn't look like we were taking beer, that wouldn't be a good impression of missionaries. Hopefully he's quit for good. All the beer is gone from his house, he's gonna try quitting at work where he drinks the most (replacing it with Gatorade), and he's moving along the path nicely. He wants to be baptized, but is worried of messing up. We asked him what his problems were and he told us. Said "well, I'd have to come to church every Sunday (likes his Sundays off work) and quit drinking... that's actually not so bad". That was an important discovery to be made, that all the changes wouldn't be so bad. He wants to quit drinking anyway, and 3 hours on Sunday is reasonable I think, so for him to realize that it's not so bad, big discovery I feel. He was at church yesterday all 3 hours, and it was great.
 
That's this week, been our slowest, but some good things happened. Part of me doesn't want to leave this area come transfers. with all this work we've found, I kinda wanna stay and see it all develop. There's another part of me that's ready to go too, but part of me wants to stay. It'll be interesting to see what happens. We're starting week 4 of the transfer (crazy...) so not too much longer.
 
Take care everyone!
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment