Monday, September 10, 2012

One Year Mark on Friday!

My year mark is on Friday!! Isn't that crazy? I remember sitting in the airport after you dropped me off... Crazy how time flies.
 
So we've found 3 new investigators this week, 2 of which wanna be baptized. Their names are Siara and Wyatt. Siara is 13 and Wyatt is 10. Their parents (mom and step dad) aren't married yet, but within the next month should be. They've been less active for a while, but have started coming back and wanted the kids baptized. Siara was kinda shy when we first went over, but we had a ward party last Friday and threw the football around with her, so hopefully she's more open to us now. they're pretty excited (at least Wyatt is, not been back since the party yet, but I think Siara is too). Next lesson is on Friday, and baptism date is Sept. 29.
 
Had another good lesson with Scott. Hopefully we have 3 baptisms in September. We talked about the atonement and how it lifts burdens. Not anything new, but something good to be reminded of. Something hit home. He's had a lot on his plate recently; new step dad, looking for work, wanting to be baptized, it's been a lot for him and I think this lesson really hit home. By the end of it he was in tears and it was great. He needs to meet with mission president before he can schedule a baptism date, but hopefully he calls and sets it up either today or tomorrow. Scott's a great guy, I've really enjoyed working with him.
 
Other than that not much happened this week, been a pretty standard week. Been the best week I've had in this area. We had more investigator lessons this week than I have in 9 months (basically since December) and 2 baptism dates. It's been a pretty good week overall. It's pretty tough trying to teach with Elder Fullmer, but we've managed. I let him pick what points he wants to teach every lesson, then make do with what he says. It's worked, but it gets rough. I do most of the talking, which is something pretty new to me. He's been one of my favorite comps though, we really get along. He's only got 3 months left (goes home end of November), but he's not trunky yet. He pretty much does whatever it is that I do, just goes with the flow. It's nice at times but hard at others. But we get along and it's a good companionship.
 
Well that's about it for this week. Take care everyone!
 
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment