Monday, September 17, 2012

Been alright this week. We've had some miracles happen. This area has picked up so much in the last month and a half. Right now we're at 3 baptism dates (one this Saturday two the next) and it's been pretty exciting.
 
Scott's getting baptized. He was our miracle. Had a lesson with him last Wednesday, and it was a good one, but that night things went a little sour. From what I heard he was blowing up in his family's face and taking all his frustration and anger towards himself out on them. So we got a couple close friends together and fasted for him on Thursday. That next Friday our miracle happened. In the duration of our fast, he found a job, they had a good family night, and mission president called him and we set up an interview for baptism. All this in the space of about 24 hours. It was nothing short of a miracle. Went over the next day and set up the baptism for the 22nd.
 
Got your package on Friday (my year mark). Kinda funny, everything in it is things I didn't need. I have enough black socks (more than enough), it's my white socks that I need, all my pairs have holes in them. Have extra toothbrushes, toothpaste, and deodorant, but the whoppers and animal crackers were good. It was good to get a package though, I've been on a dry spell of mail for a while now, but Friday ended it.  Friday was just an all around perfect day. Mail, some good lessons, burned my shirt (pictures to come), it was a good day.
 
That's about all this week. Been a lot of good things happening lately. In the space of 2 weeks we've found 4 new investigators, with 2 more on the way still. Our days are booked from about 5 pm on on weekdays, then weekends are usually more open. We're staying pretty busy, but those afternoon hours are always hard to fill. I'm excited for things that are happening here. This has been a good time of the mission, one of the best I'd say.
 
Take care everyone!
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment