Monday, January 30, 2012

What A Week

What a week... easily the most miserable of the mission.

I’ve been sick this week... it's almost an ear infection. Last Tuesday my ear started ringing a little bit, but I thought nothing of it and brushed it off. Wednesday I took real notice of it and it started hurting and my ear hurt, my head hurt, and I felt nautious (no idea how to spell it = P ). Came home after district meeting and stayed in the rest of the day. Thursday same deal. Had to come back in and only got about an hour of proselyting in. Friday I was able to go out for a little bit, but had to come back in as well. Got about 4 hours of work done that day. Saturday I was able to be out and about all day, but it was still uncomfortable and hurt a bit. Sunday and today are the same deal. One of the bishops in our area is an ENT and took a look and said there was some inflammation in my ear, but nothing specifically wrong yet. He gave me some meds and wants to look at it again on Friday. It’s been a miserable week. Lost 3 days of working and I really don’t like that. But I don’t like working while feeling like crap either, so it's a lose-lose situation either way.

That’s really how my week has been. Pretty much been sick or feeling like crap all week. We did pick up a new investigator this week. She’s good friends with a member family and has been talking for the last 3 years or so about how she wants to get baptized when she's 18. Well, her 18th birthday was 2 weeks ago and she said she wanted to start meeting with us. Had dinner at the member’s house and then had a Q & A session the turned into the 1st discussion. Was a good lesson. She was talking about how she wants to get married in the temple, yet she doesn’t know much about the church. I think she'll probably get baptized eventually.

Transfers are next week. We get calls on Friday. I can see me staying, I can see me leaving, I can see me moving to the other side of the stake. It’s so unpredictable. Write to the mission office till I can tell you what's happening. I don’t want another mishap w/ my mail. I’m still getting the most mail out of anyone. My companion just got his 1st letter since I’ve been here this last week. Always fun to brag about my mail. They all claim greenie mail, but mail is still mail. Either way, I really love and appreciate the letters.

Well, that's my week... sick. I think I’m on the mend though. I’m able to get out for the most part. We’ll find out next week what the real problem is I’m guessing.

Take care everyone.

Love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment