Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Love It Out Here

I love it out here on the mission.  I don't want to come home, even though it's 20 months away.  This is my life and I'd be kinda lost without it.  I love the work.  This week should be our busiest week.  We already have about 2-3 lessons a day planned. 12-15 lessons would just about double our usual number for the week.  The area is starting to pick up.  We've been biking the whole transfer so far, but we're gonna start taking the car.  I'd rather be biking but I see the need for the car.  Our area is huge.  It takes about half an hour to ride from one church building to the next.  And we have some people who live way out in the boonies and we don't really have the time to be biking out there and bike back.  Gonna start planning better and using the car so the area should pick up even more when that happens.

Lots of finding.  We don't have too many people we're working with so we're on the finding.  I really don't like it.  One of our wards is pretty missionary minded.  They have about a dozen or more ward missionaries (there's over 500 people in the ward though).  On Fast Sunday, they had 400 people then and the week after it was like 360 or so.  We had to open the gym and set up more chairs.  They are all pretty active.  They do all our new member discussions and visit members to fire them up and help them with missionary work.  That ward has always been one of the best wards, but the way I hear it some missionaries in the past hated that ward, (heard a missionary who served here 3 month ago or so say that), and the work died.  It is weird ward to be working in.  They do things in a way different than any other ward I've served in, but they've got potential.  Once we get things going again, I bet it'll be our best ward.

I'm excited about/for this area.  I think we as missionaries need to be more obedient and diligent, but it's got potential and I'm excited to see what becomes of it.  Even if I do end up getting transferred.  I've planted some seeds and paved the way for the next set who serve here.  As usual, I probably won't see the fruits of my labors (although you never know - transfers are unpredictable), I'm laying the foundation.

Love,

Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment