Monday, January 16, 2012

Scary Experience This Week

Happy belated birthday Mom!! Hope you had a good one. Pretty sure that you had a better day than I did. I was sick on the 11th... felt dizzy, dry heaved, slept for 2 hours, then stayed in the rest of the day. It wasn’t fun cancelling dinner or sitting out on the lesson we had scheduled that night.
 I don’t have a lot of time, the family history center closes in 30 minutes, so I’ll try to get everything I want to say.
 It's been a hard week... President said something about watching for pride in zone conference on the 6th, and I took it to heart and looked at what was going on and found some pride in me. Spent the week praying for humility, and I got it alright... pretty much every day last week at least 1 thing was unpleasant that worked to strip me of that pride. Anything from a comment someone said to upset me to the death of the 1st counselor in the mission presidency, things were just bad this week.
Went to my 1st funeral. President Kotter (1st counselor in the Mission Presidency) died last week and his funeral was on Friday. I never really got to know him, but he spoke at zone conference even though he wasn’t feeling too well, and then he passed away 3 days later. It was a good service.
 Had probably the scariest experience on my mission now too. We took the ward list and started contacting the members/less active/part member families, and we went to one house and the wife said they weren’t interested. The husband came out as we were about to ride away and basically yelled at us for coming by and that he was ex-military and if we or anyone from our church came by again there would be problems. 1st time for both me and Elder Bell, so we had no idea what to do. It was kinda scary.
That’s pretty much been this week. Next week should be busier, the area is starting to pick up some, but there’s a still lot of work to do. We taught about 5-7 lessons this week, and hopefully we'll have more than that next week. I’m excited about this area. If we keep diligent and work hard, it'll pick up and be a really good area.
We’ve got a baptism on the 3rd of March, so hopefully I’ll be here for that. Transfers are Feb. 6, so we'll see if this is the area I stay in for more than 1 transfer.
Take care everyone!
 Love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment