Monday, February 6, 2012

The Things Missionary Mom's Don't Want to Hear About

Transfers just happened. I’m finally staying!! Both a good and bad thing. Not too much work here and def not my favorite place, but I’ve had fun. Lots of fun w/ one of our wards and the elders who I serve with are all cool. Did get a new companion, Elder Cronin. He’s from Mississippi. 4 transfers, 3 areas, 4 companions. crazy numbers. We’ve got 2 southerners and 2 Californians living together now.

Before I go any further, Mom, you might want to find something soft to put in your hands. I can see you facepalming after reading some of the things I have to say.

Gonna hit my 6 month mark this transfer. Pretty cool, we've got 2 other Elders in the zone who came out of the MTC with me, so all 3 of us are gonna burn a tie together. Crazy to think I’ve been out that long. So little, yet so long at the same time.

Got something soft yet?

You think Elders are mature and grown up right? Well, not in Caldwell! We’re probably one of the biggest bunch of idiots ever here. Lately we've been farting on a lighter, and guess what? I have the best 2 so far :] . Got it on video too. Just a random aspect of missionary life I thought you might enjoy.

Not really been getting any better. Been another hard week. My ear still rings, and lately I’ve been having a lot of sinus pain. I’ve still been able to be out doing work, but it hurts. Saw doc again and he said there's nothing that we can do yet, we just need to wait. It’s not been fun. He gave me some medicine and I’ve taken it all now, so if the problems still persist he wants to do a hearing test and maybe x-ray my sinuses too. I hope everything clears up though. I don’t want to go through another week of this.

We had a zone meeting on Friday too. Kinda like a big district meeting. Had a breakfast the zone leaders made us, had some trainings, transfer predictions, and zone awards. Mine was "most likely to circumcise a baby with a dull rock". Makes no sense right? Elder Bowers, my district leader, made that one for me. He’s always calling me a Jew when we play games and I win, so he thought it a fitting one.

What else this week? We haven’t done much. Between the pain and transfers coming up, not much was done. Oh, but we have gotten into something else too.        Still got your cushion?      It's called planking. I don’t know if you already know what it is, but it's pretty dumb. All you do is lie across something and go stiff and take a picture of it. The family we live with has some alpacas, so we're trying to convince them to let us plank an alpaca, but I don’t think it’s gonna happen. They did say there’s' a big mountain of poop we could plank, so I might try that.

I don’t like getting new companions... just when I start getting used to one they leave and I have to start all over again. It’s gonna be another good transfer though. Hard again, but good. We switched up the wards again here. We were covering 2 buildings and it was a nightmare getting back and forth to meetings on Sundays, and the way it was split just wasn’t good for the work, so we moved it again. Now we only cover 1 building and things will be easier. Mine is a car area, which I’m not too thrilled about, but I think the work can move forward better now. I hope I know the area well enough. I know one ward alright, but the one we just got to know only a few people in and know nothing about the geography.

That’s pretty much what's been happening with me. Only a few more days till I hit my 5 month mark! So close yet so far. Take care everyone!

Love,
Elder Blomquist

2 comments:

  1. I think he leaves these things out of my letters to make himself appear to be more mature...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more farting on lighters!! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete