Monday, November 14, 2011

Lots to Say This Week

Well, lots to say this week. 
 
Today is my 2 month mark in the mission. Crazy to think that 2 months ago I was entering the MTC. It's so different out in the field vs the MTC. I think it's harder being out here than it is in there. There's a relaxed, sheltered almost feel to the MTC. When I got out here, is was so much more intense than it was in there.
 
This has been a slow week. Monday-Friday we taught like, 4 lessons. But by the end of the week it started picking up a bit again. We had 3 on Saturday and 4 or 5 on Sunday. It's been a long week. Coming from the success we've had in previous weeks it was kinda hard and tiring going back to contacting. Elder Ika almost fell asleep at the wheel. I had fallen asleep in the passenger seat and luckily he caught himself before he fell all the way asleep. His hand slipped from the wheel and he woke up.
 
We had transfer calls last Friday. I got transferred. The other 3 elders all stayed, but I got moved. I'm now serving in Meridian. I did not want to move. We got the calls Friday night and I haven't been sleeping well since. I loved the people in Mountain Home and am sad to leave them. I'm still close enough where I'll be able to see the elders there every p-day depending on what we do, but I am sad to leave them. Everybody says I'm gonna like Meridian, but I still didn't want to leave. Only thing left to do is make the best of it. Pres Cannon is an inspired man. Meridian must need me (or me Meridian).
 
My new companion is Elder Crosby. He's from Houston, so that's pretty cool. We're still trying to figure out where exactly the other is from, but we're working it. I think we were only a couple hours apart at most.
 
It's a bike area... I am NOT thrilled about that. 1st of all I don't like biking and 2nd winter is coming. From what he told me we try to get rides when we can, but it's not gonna be very fun when we can't. I have some cold weather accessories, I just hope it's enough. It's gonna be a brutal winter I think.
 
I'm glad to hear the roofing is going good. The Elders are always looking for service. Most of what we've done here is splitting wood. Ryan better watch out. I'm not sure how much wood there is to split in Meridian vs Mountain Home, but it's a workout.
 
I got a hookup for when I get back. One of our ward mission leaders in Mountain Home is a doctor, so he gave me his email address and I can start working towards that as soon as I get back. I'll get back too late to start school that semester, but with his help I can start planning and doing everything I need to prepare for that.
 
Hope everything else is going well at home. Hard to believe I've been gone for this long, even though it's been so short.
 
love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment