Monday, November 21, 2011

IT"S COLD HERE!!!!

I thought I had some rough weeks last transfer, well, this transfer I think has been the hardest.
 
IT IS COLD HERE!!!
 
Last Friday it snowed, and being on bike, that was COLD! It was snowy, windy, wet, and cold. It got so bad we eventually just took shelter at a member's house who gave us hot chocolate and pecan pie. It's been less than 40 degrees all week. Being on bike in the wind = COLD. The biking is hard in itself. My legs are constantly sore and when I go to bed, I almost immediately fall asleep. The biking is hard, a new area is hard, and the cold is hard... this has been a fun week = P
 
But it's been a good week missionary wise. I feel like I've grown as a missionary tremendously. We taught 21 lessons last week and I've actually been teaching some! It's been difficult to open my mouth, being as shy as I am, but I've done it and am becoming more comfortable. We've had some good lessons too. My confidence is really boosting.
 
They're calling Elder Crosby and me the "twilight pair". They say he looks like Jacob and I look similar to Edward (less pale though). Pretty funny. I think Elder Crosby kinda reminds me of Mark Bartholomew. I don't have my camera, else I'd have pictures.
 
We have 2 investigators with a baptism date. Both are in January. We have another investigator who wants to be baptised, just hasn't set a date yet. She wants to wait till after the holidays, but we encouraged her to move it up. She's thinking about it and will get back to us.
 
We're anticipating a slow week. With tTanksgiving, a lot of people are going out of town or have family in and don't want to talk to us = [ . They say come back in 2 weeks. Hopefully it isn't bad, but we'll see. Happy Thanksgiving by the way! It's a non-pros day, so hopefully President lets us play in the turkey bowl. Don't see why he wouldn't, but we'll see. We have I think 3 dinners lined up. 1 at 2 pm, one at 4, and I think there's another at 2 that we'll just have desert with later. It's gonna be a lot of food! So don't worry, your little boy is being well taken care of ; ] .
 
I was so not ready for the cold... the gloves I bought aren't fit for a bike. I need some new ones. Other than that I think I'm fine for now. we'll see how cold it actually gets. We're still in fall weather, so it's only gonna get colder before it gets warmer. I still have a Wal-Mart nearby, so if you wanted to send funds to help, we do have that. If not, I'll be fine.
 
Just send mail to the mission office for now. I don't have the house address yet. I wrote it down, but forgot the paper, so just send mail to the mission office. I still haven't gotten last week's letter (if you sent one). It's still at the Mountain Home house, and they forgot it at p-day today. I'll get it soon (hopefully) and have responses next week.
 
Hope everything is going well at home!
 
love,
Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment