Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Days

Hey guys!

Just wanted to write and tell you how I am doing.  Well, I am on a spiritual high right now.  After that lesson I had on Monday that I told you about, my mission experience has changed dramatically.  My teacher, Brother Wright, is an amazing guy.  I have to say, out of all of the teachers I've ever had (Sunday school, seminary, etc.) he has been my favorite by far.  He gets really into the lesson.  One time he got so excited he slammed his pen on the ground.  I love that guy.

So you asked how a normal day is for me here at the MTC.  Well, the schedule changes from day to day, but this is the outline.  We always start with breakfast at 8.  After that is varies from day to day.  Every day we have 6 hours of classroom instruction time where we learn better how to study and really about how to be a missionary.  I have learned and improved so much from our instruction here.  Our teachers are so amazing.  We also have Sister Cutler as our teacher, but I like Brother Wright better.  We have an hour of zone teaching where we get together with other missionaries in our zone.  We just do different activities to learn from each other.  Our zone teaching today was about helping investigators overcome problems.  We would extend the baptism invitation and they would decline with a specific reason and we would help work them through that.  I just dominated on that.  The Spirit was so strong and I felt guided in what I should say.  We also have 50 minutes for PE.  We've been playing softball as a district, and I'm not doing that bad as a pitcher.  My old skills are coming back :)  There's also lunch and dinner, which are about 45 minutes each.  And then we just picked up some new investigators that we teach for about half an hour.  Then on Tuesdays, we have a special devotional where General Authorities usually come speak.  Yesterday we had Elder Russel M Nelson come.  It was a phenomenal experience.  We didn't make it to the room so we had to watch from the overflow, but it was still a great experience.  Sundays we have lots of personal study time and then a special fireside where MTC people speak. Another great experience.  Although I told you about that already in  my e-mail.

So that's a typical day here at the MTC.  Now, I want to describe this spiritual high I feel.  I told you about my experience on Monday, well, that experience carried on till this day even.  We taught another investigator, Mary Willis (Sis. Cutler role playing) and had a similar experience as with Russel; Griechen (Bro. Wright role playing).  Although I wasn't about to collapse at that one.  I also did today's zone teaching I told you about, which was another spiritual experience.  We also got a new investigator today, George Cepull, who is just absolutely amazing.  He's an amputee and he just divulged his whole story to us.  The Spirit told all three of us (me and my companions) to listen, and we did.  I feel the Spirit so close, and I feel like it's been guiding me with what to say.  I'm on a spiritual high right now.  I just love missionary work!

Also, I forgot that on Tuesdays we get to go to the Provo temple.  Last Tuesday we did an endowment session and it was wonderful.  They do it all in one room though and that was interesting.  But it was still a wonderful experience.

Well, it's almost bedtime so I should wrap it up.  I hope everyone's feeling better.  (At least one of us has been sick at our house since Ricky left.)  I really appreciate all the letters.  I love hearing how everyone is doing.  Tell everyone else to write as well.  I want to know how everyone is doing.  There's kind of a contest going on to see who can get the most letters, and I think I am winning.  Keep it up!

Love you guys,

Elder Blomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment