Monday, December 12, 2011

This Week's Missionary Stories

Pretty good week this week. Got some stories for this week.

First one is pretty funny. We went contacting some less actives, and this house no one was home. As we were putting our helmets on and getting ready to leave they pulled up. They opened the garage door and we waited for them to come out and talk to us. But before they even got out of the car they shut the garage door on us. That’s one way to get a door slammed on you.

We’ve had some amazing lessons this week. We had a total of 20 lessons this week. Monday and Tuesday were slow, only about 2 lessons for both days, but starting Wednesday we taught like, 4 lessons a day. There’s one in particular that really stands out.

It’s a part member family. The dad has been less active since he was about 17 or 18 (probably in his mid-late 40s now) and the wife and kids are all non members. There are 5 kids, 2 are hers from another marriage and 3 are his from another marriage. This is just the most amazing family though. They invited us over for dinner and a lesson, and it was probably the most powerful lesson I’ve taught on the mission. We taught the lesson and the Spirit was just so strong. I felt it, and I’m pretty sure they did too. It would be the most amazing thing to see this family embrace the gospel.

There was a baptism on Saturday. The other Elders had 2 teens getting baptized, and my comp actually served in their area before he came to this side of the stake and had started teaching those kids. The Spirit was crazy strong there too. After the baptism, they asked the missionaries to share their testimonies, so between the actual ordinance and the 4 missionaries’ testimonies, the spirit was strong. There are few times I’ve felt it as strong as that.

I was planning on skyping home. My comp will call Christmas Eve and coordinate things w/ you that way. Not sure what we're doing for Christmas yet though. Calling home is the only thing I know about.  We probably should figure that out pretty soon though. We’ll have about an hour. At least, they say we should try to limit it to an hour, but every missionary who talks about it says it always goes over. I’m looking forward to skyping home. It seems like so long ago since I saw everybody. It’ll be 3 months on Wednesday... it's gone by fast, at least for me it has. But at the same time its like "only”? It's gone by fast yet not too much time has gone by.

Well, can’t think of anything else to say... got my camera, so I guess I’ll upload some pics now. Hope everything is going well!

Love,
Elder Blomquist



There’s a story I forgot...

We went tracting on Tuesday, and we ran into a pretty interesting character. He was a pirate!! Had the hook and everything! His arm was cut off about the elbow, and there was a legitimate hook in its place. His tongue was also cut off about halfway, so he had a hard time talking. And to top it all off, he was NAKED! He was trying to hide, and he did a good job, but I could tell he wasn’t wearing any clothes. Def gave me a greater appreciation for people who actually answer the door with clothes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment